Our terms and useful information
This agreement is between Sandfontein Lodge & Nature and Game Reserve (“Sandfontein”) and the guest.
- User agreement
The copyright of all materials, information and pictures on the Sandfontein website may be downloaded or copied for private and noncommercial use. Publication or reproduction of any of the above mentioned information on any other website or others is strictly prohibited, unless prior written approval from the general manager of Sandfontein. Please note that booking this holiday with us implies your acceptance to these conditions. Prior to confirming the booking, each guest must take out comprehensive travel, medical and cancellation insurance for the duration of the holiday. Due to the remote area in which we are situated, it is of utmost importance that all guests are covered for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
Sandfontein will treat all personal information as strictly confidential and will not make it available to third parties, unless otherwise obliged by law of legal process.
All rates are subject to change due to currency fluctuations and Sandfontein reserves the right to change the rates quoted on its website or any other website without prior notice.
From ± 300 USD per person per night.
Children > 10: from ±110 USD.
Children < 10: Free.
Minimum 2 nights stay.
No single supplement.
All inclusive price.
- Booking and payment options
Payments can be made via bank transfer, Visa, MasterCard or cash. A deposit of 50% is necessary to confirm a booking. The full balance is due at least two weeks prior to arrival. A booking made less than two weeks before arrival requires full payment.
- What includes ‘All Inclusive’?
- Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea
- 3 course dinner
- Soft drinks, wines, beers and spirits
- High tea
- Refreshments on scenic drives
- All activities
- Wi-Fi at office
- 15 % VAT, 1% tourism levy fee and 1% charity
- Transfers from and to the airstrip (if applicable)
- What is excluded?
- International airfare, domestic charter
- Car rental
- Sightseeing trips
- Insurance and medical coverage
- Spa treatments
A cancellation more than 8 weeks prior to arrival at Sandfontein will result in the deposit of 50% being retained by Sandfontein. A cancellation less than 8 weeks notice results in a charge that is percentage of the normal payable amount:
- Less than eight weeks’ notice: 60%
- Less than four weeks’ notice: 70%
- Less than three weeks’ notice: 80%
- Less than two weeks’ notice: 100%
- Changes to user agreement
Sandfontein reserves the right to make changes to its website (and these terms) at any time and without prior notice.
- Intellectual property rights
All the content on the Sandfontein website, including text, graphics, logos, icons, designs, colours, layout and trademarks are the intellectual property of Sandfontein and are thus protected by the International Intellectual Property Law.
For further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us:
Tel: +264 (63) 683 160 or +27 (0) 837 963 636
Fax: +264 (63) 683 161
- All rates are subject to change due to currency fluctuations and Sandfontein reserves the right to change the rates quoted on its website or any other website without prior notice.
- All guests must take travel insurance covering them for personal accidents, medical expenses and cancellation as mentioned before.
- All international guests must ensure that his/her visa requirements are in order. Costs, accepted method of payment and type of visa must be checked in advance, as some countries change their visa requirements with little or no warning. It is recommended that you travel with at least 2 blank passport pages per country visited. Please ensure your passport is valid for a minimum of 6 months after your date of travel.
- Due to the logistics of travelling on a safari to remote areas, Sandfontein recommends that all guests read the literature provided.
- Sandfontein recommends light cotton tops and trousers/shorts whilst on safari. The best colours to wear are khaki, beige and white. Long sleeved clothing is recommended for game drives. A lightweight jacket is recommendable for early morning and evening. Warm clothing is necessary during winter months.
- Sun cream and after sun are a must while travelling Namibia. Please don’t forget sun glasses, binoculars and a summer hat.
- All dietary requirements can be catered for. Sandfontein asks to give notice of any of these requirements in advance as some ingredients must be ordered from Cape Town.
- As our reserve is located along the Orange River we offer various water activities such as swimming, fishing, canoeing and sundowners on the river. The Orange River is probably one of the few rivers in Africa that does not accommodate crocodiles and hippos!
- Please note that the Sandfontein Reserve and its surrounding area are malaria free.